Library Code of Conduct
The CKY library is one of the study venues of Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau School. It provides valuable learning resources for all members of our school. All students are expected to make good use of the library and help keep it a quiet and efficient learning environment:
1. Students should keep their voice down when they speak in the library;
2. School computers and internet connection are available in the library. All printed and online resources are for educational purposes only;
3. All PC or Mac users should work at the designated areas. Use of all resources is solely for learning purposes;
4. Students should take good care of all school property including books, periodicals, and computers in the library;
5. Students should proceed quietly while entering or leaving the library;
6. Students should be self-disciplined and should follow the instructions of teacher librarians.
All loan period is 14 school days and each borrower group has different borrowing allowances:
All materials can be renewed once if there is no “hold” on it.
Overdue Charge is HKD1 each day.
Overdue notices will be emailed to parents and form tutors.
Lost or Damaged Books
Checked out items that are more than 14 school days overdue would be considered lost or damaged, and the borrower of the record should take responsibility of replacing the items ASAP. Details on replacing lost or damaged books can be found on the Replacement Policy page.